₹35.00 – ₹315.00
Free shipping on orders over Rs 1500
- Finest Quality Guaranteed
- Free Return up to 7 days
- Secure Payment with Razorpay
NUTMEG – jaiphal
Nutmeg or jaiphal is a famous spice made from the seeds of Myristica fragrans, a tropical evergreen tree native to Indonesia. It can be found in whole-seed form but is widely selling as a ground spice.
It has a warm, slightly nutty flavor and is often used in desserts and curries, and drinks like mulled wine and chai tea.
Nutmeg contains an impressive array of strong compounds that may help prevent disease and promote your health.
- Nutmeg contains powerful antioxidants. The nutmeg seeds is derived rich in plant compounds that supplay antioxidants to your body.
- Nutmeg contains an abundance of plant pigments known as cyanidins, essential oils, such as phenylpropanoids and terpenes, and phenolic compounds, including protocatechuic, ferulic, and caffeic acids.
- Nutmeg may decrease inflammation by inhibiting certain inflammatory enzymes.
- Test-tube studies indicate that nutmeg has antibacterial effects against potentially harmful bacteria and E. coli and Streptococcus mutans.
- Studies indicate that taking high-dose nutmeg supplements reduced heart disease risk factors, such as high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels.
- According to some research, nutmeg may help boost mood, enhance blood sugar control, and reduce risk factors for heart disease.
- Nutmeg contains the compounds myristicin and safrole. When take in large amounts, it can cause symptoms like hallucinations and loss of muscle coordination.
Now that you are aware of this various Indian Spices and their health benefits, which one will you add in your grocery list next? Follow our blog to read more such informative articles.