Rs.85.00 – Rs.340.00
Free shipping on orders over Rs 1500
- Quality Guaranteed
- Free Return
- Secure Payments
KUDAMPULI – MALABAR TAMARIND
Kudampuli is a fruit that is widely used in curries in Kerala, especially in fish curries. (Scientific name: Garcinia gummi-gutta). It is also known as Pinampuli, Meenpuli, Gorakappuli, Pinar, Perumpuli, Kudappuli, Marappuli and Thottupuli. Ripe fruits of this plant are grown all over Kerala and are used in curries to enhance the taste. Its fruit is shredded and dried in curries. The dried fruit looks black when well dried.
BENEFITS of KUDAMPULI
- Effective for bone health
- Good for digestion
- Decreasing insulin levels in the body
- Increases health
- Effective for insomnia
- Lowers cholesterol in the body
- Hydroxy citric acid (HCA), a chemical that can be extracted from its ripe fruit, has the ability to reduce obesity.
- The santhons and supplements it contains protect the nerves.
- It has the ability to prevent many diseases such as ulcers, malaria and cancer.
- Kudampuli is used to enhance taste in Kerala fish curries.
- In Ayurveda, Kudampuli is used as a remedy for stomach ailments, dental diseases and liver diseases and to prevent bleeding.
- Kudampuli is also used in the manufacture of allopathic medicines.
- kudampuli is also a remedy for cold stomach ailments.
- Kudampuli is also used in elephant medicine.
- Kudampuli is customary to give kudampuli oil and powder to plows (animals which are used for ploughing paddy fields).
- The syrup, which is extracted from the fleshy crust of the kudampuli, can be used as a tasty and medicinal soft drink.