Stone Flower-kalpasi- dagad pfool- patthar ke phool
₹80.00 – ₹600.00
Free shipping on orders over Rs 1500
- Finest Quality Guaranteed
- Free Return up to 7 days
- Secure Payment with Razorpay
kalpasi- dagad pfool- patthar ke phool
Kalpasi or black stone flower is a species of lichen. It is also known as dagad ka Phool or Patthar ka Phool.
It is an edible fungus that grows on trees and rocks naturally and doesn’t require any major effort or fertilizer. It grows on its own without any cultivation on trees, rocks, and stones.
kalpasi uses it as a spice in India. Stone flower is used in recipes like Nahari, Bombay biryani, Goan meat stews. It is an important ingredient in Chettinad food.
Because of its mild aromatic flavor, it is used to add aroma to soup preparations and also as a soup thickener.
It is often used in meat dishes.
kalpasi is a common ingredient in Goda masala or Kala masala.
The black stone flower has a strong earthy aroma and dry texture. It also has the following medicinal properties:
- The stone flower is a good pain reliever and helps in healing wounds.
- Stone flower helps in treating skin problems and reduces inflammation.
- Stone flower has antibacterial activity and is effective against protozoans.
- It improves digestion.
- It helps in suppressing respiratory disorders.
- It tones up the urinary tract.
- It also helps in maintaining body temperature.